Saturday 23 June 2012

My Name

Just a quick blog while my dinner is cooking...

I wanted to explain my Dom name 'Khaos'.

Back in 2000 when I started getting into BDSM and learning the lifestyle, I realised that to have an online presence I would need a pseudonym.  I didn't want something that made me out to be more/better than I was (being a newcomer), such as 'Dom4U' or 'LondonMaster', etc.  Equally, it couldn't be something that meant people could guess who I was.

My real name is Kevin (don't laugh - I blame my parents, Roland Rat and Harry Enfield daily) and I wanted a word that began with K.  Kite? No.  Kettle?  Fuck off.  Kestrel?  Cool but ruined by being a piss-flavoured lager substitute.

At the time, I was working for a massive company, selling lifts (elevators to the American followers!) and escalators, and I was on a 3 month secondment down to Bristol and Cardiff, while still living in South London.

So my life consisted of a LOT of travelling, back and forth, late nights, early starts...  One particular journey involved me leaving my house at 6am, to get to the Bristol office, collecting some files, then off to the Cardiff office for a meeting, and then driving up to Leicester for a team meeting the next morning.  With days like that and driving all over Somerset, Avon, South Wales, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, I was constantly shattered.  Didn't know if I was coming or going.

My life was chaos.

Chaos.

That's it!!  It was a cool word and fitted the 'K' sound, but obviously it needed to be spelt different, so Khaos was born.

I've used it on and off in various forms across many forums, chat rooms, message boards (except when I was married *shudder* - will blog about that one day) and although it's not an uncommon name, being a Marvel Superhero and an energy drink among many examples.

However, it does have some lovely artwork...





The last one I liked so much, it's now my Twitter background!

Hope that answers that question, sorry it's not more salacious!

Talk more, soon!

-K-

No comments:

Post a Comment